When you lose someone dear to you, it’s natural to want to honour their memory. Many people choose to raise money for a charity that helped their loved one in a time of need. A Tribute Fund helps you to keep track of how much you’ve raised.
“When mum died we were heartbroken. We set up a Tribute Fund, at a time we could do nothing it felt we were doing something. Knowing that my sister and I and all our friends and family can raise money in mum’s memory and help Hospiscare is positive and real comfort to us all.”
What goes into a Tribute Fund?
People often start adding to a Tribute Fund through a funeral collection or one-off donation. Once a fund has been set up, you can add to it whenever you like, as can your friends and family. Below are some ideas for fundraising, but how you choose to grow your memorial fund is entirely up to you.
- Donations, such as funeral collections
- Sponsorship from challenges, such as skydives or bakeathons
- Taking part in events like the Twilight Walk
- Hosting your own events, from coffee mornings to car washes
- Celebrating anniversaries, birthdays and weddings
- Regular giving by direct debit
How to set up a Tribute Fund
- Please complete the form below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a printed form.
- We’ll let you know when your Tribute Fund is active. We’ll also confirm that any money already raised has been moved into the fund.
- You can add to the Tribute Fund at any time, as can your friends and family.
- We’ll keep in touch at least once a year, to let you know how much has been raised for Hospiscare in your loved one’s name.