Use the links to browse our video library by topic or click the button below to visit our searchable database of videos on a wide range of subjects relating to palliative medicine and end-of-life care.
- Advance care planning
- Advice on understanding and managing symptoms
- Practical advice for carers
- Patients with learning disabilities
- Guidance on the Verification of an Expected Death
- Discussing unwelcome news during COVID-19
- Browse our full video library (opens an external website)
Let’s Talk About Death: Planning Ahead
Hospiscare’s Chief Nurse, Ann Rhys, explains what Advance Care Planning is and Hospiscare can help with it.
A short guide to Advance Care Planning
A simple five-step guide to Advance Care Planning, to help ensure patients can receive the care they want, when they want it.
Structured communications and escalation
This video from Health Education England explains the structured communication and escalation practice used in relation to news and deterioration.
Treatment escalation plans and resuscitation
This video from Health Education England is designed to help healthcare professionals to understand treatment escalation plans (TEP) and resuscitation for deteriorating patients.
TEP discussions during a pandemic
This recorded presentation by Dr Jessica Patten, a Palliative Care Speciality Doctor at Hospiscare, covers topics such as how to establish goals of care, treatment options and TEP form documentation. If you would like access to this presentation video, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the password.
The video below is designed to help health and care workers understand how to recognise deterioration and sepsis in patients with learning disabilities.
This recorded presentation by Laura Marshall, Clinical Practice Facilitator at Hospiscare, explains the process of verifying an expected death in adult during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you would like access to this presentation video, please email@example.com to request the password.
This collection of short videos have been produced by Dr Kathryn Mannix and her team to support clinicians in holding difficult conversations with patients and families in these challenging times, using the Real Talk Training framework.
- Video 1: The Framework – Dr Kathryn Mannix on the Real Talk framework for ‘tender bad news conservations’ (7 minutes)
- Video 2: Community – Dr Mannix introduces Kim, a Specialist Palliative Care Nurse for disciussion on starting conversations with patients about Advance Care Planning (11 minutes)
- Video 3: Breaking Bad News – Dr Mannix and Dr Hannah Gunn on breaking bad news (11 minutes)
- Video 4: Ceilings of Treatment – Dr Mark Taubert talks through the “Treatment Ladder” of appropriate care (11 minutes)