Hospiscare relies on people like you donating items to sell in our shops. From gifts that didn’t quite hit the mark to outgrown clothes, if you have something you no longer want, please consider donating it to us. We’ll find it a new home through one of our charity shops. The money it raises will help us care for people in your local area.
We’re accepting donations at our Exeter Warehouse in Marsh Barton on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Donations of furniture will be accepted by appointment only between 3-4pm. We may have to stop accepting donations if we receive a large quantity. We recommend calling ahead on 01392 425255 to avoid disappointment. Click here to read the latest updates.
If you are planning to donate to one of our shops, we’re only accepting donations by appointment from 3-4pm right now. Please call your local shop to book a donation slot.
Wondering what items we can and can’t accept? We’ve compiled a handy list so you can check your donations and help us raise as much money as possible to support local people living with life-limiting illnesses.
We’re grateful for all items that we can sell on, including:
- Clothes, shoes and accessories
- CDs and DVDs
- Vinyl records
- Games consoles
- Small electrical items
- White goods in working order
- Quality furniture
- Cameras and hobby equipment
- Puzzles and board-games
- Wheelchairs and mobility aids
- Antiques and collectables
We partner with local auction houses and dealers to get the best possible price for antiques and other high-value items.
No thank you!
Unfortunately, there are some items we can’t accept as we’re unable to sell them. It cost us over £30,000 to dispose of unsaleable items last year. So please don’t be offended if our staff can’t accept your donation. To avoid disappointment, please do check the list below before heading out to your local charity shop.
We aren’t able to accept the following items…
- Items that are broken, stained, incomplete or otherwise damaged
- Items that might be unsafe
If we can’t guarantee the safety of an item, we’re not allowed to sell it. In most cases, this means we’re unable to accept:
- Items without the relevant safety labels
- Safety equipment (car seats, stairgates, helmets, climbing equipment, buoyancy aids, life-jackets, eye protection)
- Camping equipment (tents, sleeping bags, gas stoves)
- Gym equipment
- Extreme sports equipment (snowboards, climbing gear)
- Roller skates, inline skates, Heelys and skateboards
- High chairs, cots, carry cots, Moses baskets and playpens
- Electric blankets, used duvets and pillows
- Sunbeds and tanning equipment
- Storage heaters and gas appliances
- NHS items, medical equipment, medicines, and anything that has been prescribed by a medical practitioner
- Stepladders and ladders
- Knives and weapons
- Hand knitted items, toys and clothes
- Unboxed flat pack furniture
- Tube TVs
- Printers, scanners, PCs and laptops
Some mobility aids
We’re grateful for donations of most mobility aids. However, we’re unable to accept:
- Stair lifts
- Bath seats
- Toilet seat frames
- Bathing aids
If you’re unsure if we can accept your donation, please ask a member of our team or call us on 01392 428822.
Thank you for helping people with a life-limiting illness to make the most of every day.