There’s nothing quite like getting your nose into a really good book – and helping to raise vital funds for Hospiscare, too! Whether you’re an avid reader wanting to expand your horizons, you’re looking for some summer page turners or you’re just discovering the joys of reading, this could be the challenge for you.
Here’s how to get started:
- Set yourself a target of 5, 10 or even 20 books to read throughout August
- Set up a JustGiving page and be sure to share it with family and friends
- Ask your friends, family and colleagues for suggestions – and they can make a donation and sponsor a book
- Click the button below to download our reading tracker – or email us at email@example.com and we can pop one out to you in the post
- Locate your chosen books – enjoy exploring your local Hospiscare shop, borrow from friends or take a trip to a library
- Open up your first book and enjoy!
- If you’re taking on the challenge in memory of a loved one, why not incorporate their favourite books?
- You don’t have to stick with fiction – you could read a cookery book and try out a recipe, or find a ‘how-to’ and learn a new skill!
- Once you’ve finished each book, make sure to post an update on your JustGiving page so that your supporters can see how you’re getting on!
- If August isn’t a good month for you, you can choose a different month – just let us know
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org when you’ve finished your challenge so we can send you a little something to say ‘thank you’ 🙂