Tour de France? Nope! This year, it’s all about Tour de Devon, the brand new cycle challenge in aid of Hospiscare, the local hospice charity for Exeter, Mid and East Devon.
The Tour de Devon cycle challenge is all about doing it your way. Choose your challenge distance of 50, 100 or 250 miles and plan your own route at your own pace, around your favourite part of Devon. Once you’ve planned your route, just complete your challenge between 31st August and 21st September. Whether you’re a seasoned cyclist, an occasional commuter, a fair-weather rider or getting back on your bike for the first time in yonks, Tour de Devon is the perfect challenge for you!
What are you waiting for?
Get on your bike and join cyclists of all abilities to tackle Devon’s lanes, tracks and byways with friends, family or colleagues in aid of Hospiscare. Every supporter who signs up and completes their Tour de Devon will be sent their very own Hospiscare medal.
As a local charity providing free specialist end-of-life care when and where it’s most needed, Hospiscare relies on the local community and income from fundraising events to enable us to care for over 2,000 patients living with life-limiting and terminal illnesses.
We couldn’t do what we do without the extraordinary generosity of people across our community. So, whether you’re a budding Chris Hoy or a newbie cyclist looking for some lockdown leisure, we need you to gear up and take part in Tour de Devon for Hospiscare! You can sign up today using the form below.
Enter to win!
If you sign up before midnight on 20 August, you will be automatically entered into a prize draw to win a voucher kindly doanted by Silk Cycles! First prize will get a platinum service worth £110 and the runner up will get a bronze service worth £20.
Got any questions?
Terms and Conditions
- Hospiscare cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability whilst taking part in the event
- You must adhere to all current government social distancing guideline, which currently include maintaining a distance of 2m with anyone outside your household and not meeting with groups of more than 6 people (whilst all still maintaining a 2m social distance). The Government may potentially change this guidance and you will be notified in due course
- This event is open to participants of all ages, however children under 16 MUST be accompanied by an adult. Hospiscare do not take responsibility for the safety of participants and you undertake the cycle ride/s at your own risk.
- By sharing images and social media content with Hospiscare, i.e. by tagging Hospiscare or using the event hashtag #TourdeDevon, participants understand that Hospiscare may share or repost this content
- For your cycle please follow these guidelines:
- choose a cycle route that is a safe and sensible distance for you and appropriate to your fitness level
- plan to cycle a route that is open to the public, easily accessible and well-lit if light is poor
- carry a mobile phone in case of emergency
- only cycle in appropriate weather (avoid rain and very hot weather) and appropriate clothing and footwear
- avoid alcohol consumption
- be respectful of social distancing at all times
- Participants are responsible for ensuring their bike and equipment is maintained and suitable for the challenge. Hospiscare cannot be held responsible for any injuries caused by personal equipment.