For information about our fair funding campaign, and how to help, please click here. For news on the forthcoming changes to our services, please click here.


Christmas Tree Recycling

Leave the effort of getting rid of your Christmas tree to us!

If you live in Crediton, Exeter, Exmouth, Honiton, Tiverton, Sidmouth or Ottery St Mary, there’s now an easy way to recycle your Christmas tree and help local people with a terminal diagnosis at the same time!

On Thursday 11, Friday 12 and  Saturday 13 January 2024, Hospiscare volunteers will be heading out in force to collect and recycle your Christmas trees.

How you can sign up your tree

You can sign up to register your tree using this link!

About this Collection

Please support Hospiscare and help us to continue providing free palliative and end-of-life care for the local community. In return for a donation (we suggest £15 per tree), we will collect and recycle your Christmas tree. Your donation will help make a real difference to local patients and their families across Exeter, Mid and East Devon.

Please note: we do not receive any funding for disposing of your tree and cannot accept artificial trees.

A small act of kindness can go a long way. Take a look at the impact your donation could have:

  • £28 would pay for an hour of care in our Inpatient Unit during the day
  • £37 would pay for an hour of specialist bereavement support
  • £161 would pay for a home visit by a Hospiscare Community Nurse Specialist

Our volunteers will be collecting in the following areas:

EX1, EX2, EX3, EX4, EX5 2, EX5 3, EX5 4, EX5 5, EX5 7, EX6 7, EX6 8,  EX8, EX10, EX11 1, EX14 1, EX14 2, EX14 3, EX16 4, EX16 5, EX16 6 and EX17

Collections will take place between Thursday 11 and Saturday 13 January 2024. Please ensure your tree is outside your house, easily accessible and clearly marked ‘Hospiscare pick-up’ by 8am on Thursday 11 January to ensure a speedy collection. All decorations will need to be removed prior to collection.

Don’t miss out, please register your tree by 11.59pm on 7 January 2024.

If you’d like to join our happy band of volunteer tree collectors, find out more here:


Hospiscare’s Christmas Tree Recycling works in partnership with JustHelping.

JustHelping supports volunteers, businesses and charities to contribute to their community and the environment. Their national Christmas tree collection raises essential funds for hospices and communities. After costs 90% of monies raised will go to Hospiscare, the remaining 10% will be distributed to charities in the local community.