The following are links to further information about palliative care which may be of interest to you, or may be helpful if you wish to explore a particular topic in more detail.
1) Video clip Reith Lectures - Dr Atul Gawande
2) The ‘Pallied’ Youtube site contains a collection of short clips and videos specifically designed for medical students. There are also practical video demonstrations, how to verify death, use of syringe drivers and giving a subcutaneous injection.
3) For more information on the particular needs of children and young adults with life-limiting illnesses
4) Prognostication and natural history of life-limiting illnesses
5) Symptom control guidelines
6) Advance Care Planning
7) Guidance of resuscitation
8) Ethical and legal guidance relating to end of life decision-making
9) Guidance on what to do after someone dies
10) It is worth exploring this website designed for Peninsula medical students, in particular to complete the clinical cases.
11) E-learning modules on end of life care