In this current and ever-changing Coronavirus situation, it’s vital that all reasonable steps are taken to protect the well-being of vulnerable patients on our specialist ward and Hospiscare staff. The following processes and precautions must be followed so that we can continue to safely welcome visitors.
Visiting patients on the ward
- We regret that by necessity visiting on our ward is currently very limited. Please call the ward on 01392 688044 for further advice.
While visiting is limited, pleased be assured that a doctor or senior nurse can speak to you on the phone to give further information and patient updates. We can also arrange virtual visiting by FaceTime, Zoom or Whatsapp.
Visitor COVID-19 testing
- In instances where it is possible to make visits, all visitors are expected to undertake a Lateral Flow Test (LFT), provided by Hospiscare, before entry to Searle House. This will take place on every visit and will take 30 minutes. We will guide you with this when you arrive, but where possible we ask that you do the test and wait for the results in your car. We will make alternative arrangements for visitors arriving on foot or by public transport.
- The hospice will give you a lateral flow passport, which you will need to bring every time you visit.
- If your test is positive we will advise you what to do – but you will not be able to visit.
We know that some people may find this difficult but these measures are in place so that we can continue to welcome visitors in a safe manner.
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or who has been in contact with anyone with symptoms should not visit. If you have recently been abroad we ask that you please check the government website for guidance before visiting.
Carrying out a visit/while at the hospice
- On arrival you must sanitise your hands and wear a clinical mask, provided by us, over your nose and mouth for the duration of your visit
- You may be asked to wear gloves and an apron
- Please wash your hands frequently during your visit
- Please remain by the bedside and do not wander around the hospice. If you require the toilet we can assist you to the right room.
Visiting with children
Please discuss with the Nurse in Charge regarding children under 16 visiting the ward.
We can support all our patients with virtual visiting via WhatsApp, Facetime or Zoom. The ward also has access to an iPad. Patients are also welcome to use personal mobile phones or tablets. We have Wi-Fi available. Please ask staff for details.
Visiting arrangements may be subject to change or suspended at any time during these exceptional circumstances. We appreciate that this is hard for so many families but our staff will care for your loved one with compassion and respect at all times.
Is there free parking?
There are a limited number of free parking spaces at Searle House. They’re in the visitor car park on the right after the entrance. Once you’ve parked, please come to reception for a parking pass. If there are no available spaces, you can park in the hospital’s carpark, but please note that these spaces are Pay and Display.
Can I stay overnight?
We do not currently offer overnight stays.
Is there a café at Hospiscare?
Currently there is no café facility available on the ward.
Contact us for any further information:
To speak to a Nurse: 01392 688044
To speak to a Patient: 01392 688047