Marathon in a Month is Hospiscare’s brand new virtual marathon event, raising vital funds to help support over 2000 patients and their families living with a terminal illness across Exeter, Mid and East Devon.
Whether you’re a champion marathon runner or more comfortable on the couch, this challenge is for everyone, including the dog! Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to run, jog or walk a marathon in a month (October, to be precise!) – in your own way and at your own pace.
You may choose to jog a mile every day, walk two half marathons, or go for broke with the full monty in one go. Who are we to limit your ambition?! You may even want to do a marathon every week! Our Marathon in a Month takes place throughout October, so there’s plenty of time to plan your approach, get your running playlist ready and start raising funds for Hospiscare.
All our amazing participants will each receive a Hospiscare medal as a ‘thank you’ for their efforts and to celebrate their heroic achievement. So what are you waiting for? Sign up today using the form below!
Terms and Conditions
- Hospiscare cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability whilst taking part in the event
- You must adhere to all current government social distancing guideline, which currently include maintaining a distance of 2m with anyone outside your household and not meeting with groups of more than 6 people (whilst all still maintaining a 2m social distance). The Government may potentially change this guidance and you will be notified in due course
- This event is open to participants of all ages, however children under 16 MUST be accompanied by an adult. Hospiscare do not take responsibility for the safety of participants and you undertake the walk/jog/run at your own risk.
- This event is open to Dogs however Hospiscare do not take responsibility for the safety of the dogs and it is the dog owner’s reasonability to undertake the walk/jog/run at their own risk.
- By sharing images and social media content with Hospiscare, i.e. by tagging Hospiscare or using the event hashtag #HospiscareMarathon, participants understand that Hospiscare may share or repost this content
Please note: scheduled website maintenance is going ahead on Sunday 2 August 2020. If you experience problems signing up during this time and do not receive a confirmation email, please wait and try again later.