Spend two days volunteering with a local community in the Sacred Valley and immerse yourself in daily life, while learning about local traditions and culture – before taking on one of the top 25 treks in the world!
The route follows ancient and remote Salkantay trail, where snow-capped mountains collide with lush tropical rain forests. Off the beaten path, this trek is one of the most interesting and challenging ways to experience the land of the ancient Incas. One of the highlights will be catching our first glimpse of Machu Picchu across the valley!
We know this trek requires a lot of fundraising, and that’s why we’re here to help every step of the way! Please get in touch with Martin, our Senior Events Fundraiser, if you have any questions about the trek and the fundraising requirements. Or if it’s easier, pick up the phone and call him on 07860 850151.
Trip cost includes:
- Flights from London to Cusco (including all current airport taxes & airline-imposed fuel supplements)
- All transfers & transport in Peru
- Accommodation in twin rooms in 3 star hotels (4 nights), tents on trek (3 nights), homestay at community project (1 night)
- All meals from dinner on Day 1 to lunch on Day 10
- Drinking water throughout
- Welcome dinner
- Celebration Farewell dinner with certificates
- Local trek guides, porters and full support crew on trek
- High-quality 2-man tents
- 24-hour emergency support in Peru and the UK
- Trekking permits
- Local project coordination and materials
- Entrance fees to Machu Picchu
- Different Travel Tour Leader
- Information Evening & pre-departure briefing
If this trip of a lifetime sounds like the adventure you’ve been craving, you can sign up today via the Different Travel website using the button below
Sign up today!
A £375 registration fee is payable at the time of booking, then you can choose one of three payment options:
- You must fundraise a minimum of £5,800 for Hospiscare.
- You must pay £500* to Different Travel by 2 May 2024.
- Your remaining trip costs balance of £2,400** is payable to Different Travel by 23 August 2024.
- You must also fundraise a minimum of £2,400 for Hospiscare. Your fundraising cannot be used to pay for your trip costs.
- You must pay a minimum of £1,000 trip costs** to Different Travel by 23 August 2024 (at least £500* of this must be paid by 2 May 2024).
- You must also fundraise a further £4,300*** for Hospiscare.
Please note for all three options 80% of your fundraising target must be paid to Hospiscare by 9 August 2024. The remaining 20% is due to be paid by 2 November 2024.
*The £375 registration fee and the £500 payment are both non-refundable. These cover deposits for your flights and entrance ticket for Machu Picchu which must be booked in advance as only limited numbers are available.
**The final trip costs are based on the overall group size and are subject to change.
***Your minimum fundraising target may be lowered if you pay more towards your trip costs.
Please note: the final trip costs are dependent on the final group size. The above prices are based on a group of 20 participants taking on the trek.
If you’d like any further information, please email Martin, our Senior Events Fundraiser or give him a ring on 07860 850151!