We gave you the Men’s Walk, we gave you the Twilight Walk…And now, Hospiscare is excited to be the first charity offering an exclusive Wing Walk event in Devon!
Date: 18 August 2020
Time: Your time slot will be confirmed once you have signed up
Venue: Dunkeswell Airfield, Dunkeswell, Honiton, EX14 4LG
What to expect:
On the ground, you’ll be given a safety briefing. Then it’s into the ‘rig’, securely strapped into the specialist five-point harness.
With the propeller spinning and engine gurgling, it might well be the moment you ask yourself what on earth you’re doing. You (yes, you!) are about to take off in a splendid vintage Boeing Stearman biplane. You’ll be 10 ft above the ground, strapped to the top wing – and as the throttle opens and the plane moves off at a pace, you’ll realise you’re in for the flight of your life!
The first thing that hits you is the onrush of wind. It’ll hit you right in the face until your cheeks wobble. Once you’ve got used to the extraordinary sensation of flying on the wing of a Stearman, your pilot will start the routine. You’ll find yourself zooming past the flight line in a series of maneuvers. It’s thrilling, it’s noisy, it’s windy but it’s brilliant.
Now you’re feeling like a confident wing walker, it’s time to take this Devonshire display up a notch. Hold on tight as you dive from 500ft, whoop with delight as you execute a daring zoom climb and holler with excitement as you perform a final ‘run and break’ before coming in to land.
This really isn’t an experience to miss, so go on – do something different and make a difference. Go Wing Walking in Devon and support your local Hospice.
Option 1 – Fundraising: £100 deposit and fundraise a further £499
Option 2 – Self-fund the cost of the Wing Walk: Pay £399 and fundraise £200
Option 3 – Self-fund the cost of the Wing Walk: £100 deposit, pay a further £299 3 days prior to event and fundraise an additional £200
• Wing walkers must be under 12 stone 2lbs (77kg)
• There is no height restrictions for this experience
• Minimum age is 18. There is no upper age limit but over 65’s must have a doctor’s note
• You must be able and fit enough to climb up the aircraft to the rig on the top wing (approximately 10 feet)
Terms and conditions
- I understand that this is a challenging activity and comes with a few risk factors. I am aware that Hospiscare cannot be held responsible for any personal injury, accident loss, damage or public liability.
- I can confirm that I weigh under 12. 2stone
- I am at least 18 years old. If older than 65 you will require a Doctor’s signature confirming your fitness to participate in this experience. You should recieve a medical form to fill out, but in the event it does not arrive, please contact Wing Walk Displays by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01404 890244
- I understand that the conditions listed below may lead to a dangerous situation with regard to the Wingwalker or to other persons during flying:
- Epilepsy, fits, severe head or neck injury, recurrent blackouts, fainting fits or giddiness, disease of the brain or nervous system, high blood pressure, heart or lung disease, recurrent weakness or dislocation of any limb, diabetes (Type 1), mental illness, drug or alcohol addiction
- I am aware I will be required to climb up the aircraft to the top wing where the Rig is fixed (about 10 feet)
- I agree to the use of my name and picture in any broadcasting and print to publicise Hospiscare. By signing this form I agree that I have read and accepted the conditions of entry.