Are you ready to take on Dartmoor?
The WildTri is a truly wild event. It is Devon’s very own take on a triathlon which sees people running, cycling and scrambling through pools across the rugged and beautiful terrain of Dartmoor.
Organised by Hospiscare, Climb South West and Dave Talbot Adventures the event is a fully marshalled, signed and run by professionals.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
2019 was the first year of the WildTri and the WildTri Extreme and here’s what a few of the participants said:
"It was awesome and so much fun - I felt sufficiently out of my comfort zone to make it a challenge but not put off from entering."
"I wanted a new challenge so signed upto the WildTri, I had never done anything like it before. The event was amazing, challenged me but I loved every minute. I can't wait to sign up to the Extreme distance this year."
"What a great event. Awesome weather, awesome scenery, awesome cause! A huge thank you to organisers, volunteers, marshals and supporters. Big smiles at every turn, every checkpoint. Will be back for next year, for sure!"
Count me in
Long enough for a challenge, short enough for novices...
Hospiscare’s Wild Tri route is perfect for those who love a challenge and want a taste of wild sports. Here is what to expect:
- 9k cycle – includes 2.5 km of gravel track and off road riding. The rest is on quiet country lanes and traffic free cycleway (apart from station road). Great way to Experience the thrill of off-road biking – without the fear of getting lost! The route is sign-posted and marshals will be on hand to point you in the right direction.
- 6k Run – park your bike at the designated Bike Station and start your run around the stunning Meldon Reservoir
- Gorge scramble – After all that running, it’s time for a dip! Cool off by scrambling, slipping and sliding your way up the gorge, through the beautiful natural pools
- 1k Run – A short, wet run uphill to get back to your bike. Think of it as Baywatch, without the beach…
- 6k cycle – a nice flat cycle back to the start/finish, where a warm shower, your medal and plenty of glory awaits!
Wild Tri Extreme
Truly rugged, truly Devon, truly EXTREME...
Wild Tri Extreme is nearly 50% gravel track and off road riding. Terrain is generally much rougher than the Wild TRi route. The rest is on quiet country lanes and traffic free cycleway (apart from station road).
Here is what to expect:
- 26K cycle - kick off the Wild Tri Extreme with a cycle which skirts Meldon Reservoir and then climbs more than a quarter of a mile to the windswept heights of the moor, before dropping down again.
- 12.5k off-road run will challenge the fittest runners. Make your way across rocky terrain and boggy ground, up one of the highest Tors on Dartmoor – Yes Tor!
- Gorge scramble – time to cool down by slipping, sliding and scrambling your way through natural pools
- 1k Run – a short wet run uphill to get back to your bike. Slow motion, if you prefer!
- 6k cycle – a nice flat cycle back to the start/finish where a warm shower, medal and buckets of applause awaits.
You can bring a change of clothes for the run if you wish. There is a small toilet facility at the Bike Station which you can change in. Do allow for your running clothes to get wet and muddy during the gorge scramble. Please note you can leave and phones, watches or other small personal items with the marshals at the Gorge Scramble. Please be aware that you do not come back to the start until the end of the event.
How EXTREME will you go?
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
Hospiscare relies on your Wild Tri sponsorship to keep providing expert care to patients living with terminal illnesses in Exeter, Mid and East Devon.
CLICK HERE TO SET UP YOUR ONLINE FUNDRAISING PAGE
CLICK HERE TO READ OUR FUNDRAISING TIPS