Hospiscare provides carers with information and advice, complementary therapies, or simply the opportunity to talk to someone who understands.
We can also arrange for volunteers to sit with patients in their homes, giving their carers a little time to themselves.
Any person who is caring for someone with a life-threatening illness can refer themselves to Hospiscare through Dianne Shepherd, Hospiscare's Care Coordinator. Tel: 01392 688034 or Mob 07890 263805.
Carer information pack
Hospiscare has developed a pack of useful, local information to help carers access local services. If you would like a pack tailored to your needs:
- Call 01392 688000
- or email us your details with a contact number.
You may also attend support meetings, now being held in the following areas:
- Honiton - third Friday of the month, 2 - 4pm Honiton Hospital, Jerrard Wing. Call 01404 540500 for details.
- Exmouth - fourth Friday of the month, 11am - 12.30pm Exmouth and Lympstone Hospiscare, Highview Gardens. Call 01395 279113 for details.
- Tiverton - second Tuesday of the month, 10.30am - 12.30pm Sunningmead Community Centre. Call 01392 688000 for details.
- Exeter - Second Monday of the month, Hospiscare, Dryden Road. Call 01392 688000 for details.
- North Dartmoor - first Thurday of the month, 2 - 4pm Whiddon Down Village Hall. Call 01392 688000 for details.
Our carers’ support groups enable you to meet others in the same situation, talk with Hospiscare nurses and have complementary therapy.
Visiting professionals give expert advice on topics such as: financial support, healthy eating, learning to relax, legal matters, understanding disease and medication and adapting your home.
If you would like to come, we can endeavour to arrange transport for you and someone to stay with the person you are caring for, please just give us a call at the number above.